General clubs are open to any student. These clubs are started by students and teachers and change a little from year to year. These clubs range from specific shared interests, to club sports, to advocacy groups, to student government.
Check out our general clubs listed below in alphabetical order! If you do not see a club that interests you, click here to learn more about how to start your own!
Student Council 2016 - 2017 Assistants
Adventure Club--Sponsors: Diane Krishon (B224) & Kevin Sneed (D202)
- Purpose/Mission of Club: This club is for students who enjoy camping, hiking, and kayaking.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: Will promote a safe environment for students to learn and practice ASL. It will also provide a place to interact with Deaf Culture and help spread awareness of the Deaf Community.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: This club is for students who are passionate about raising awareness for animals as well as volunteering at local animal adoption centers.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of this club is to clean the beaches and minimize the amount of trash on our amazing Charleston Beaches.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The club's purpose is to educate the Wando Community and promote the bee cause.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: This is the student section at all athletic events. ALL students are welcome to be a part of this incredible group! This is usually a THEME chosen for student dress/costume for each game (can be found on the ChopHouse Facebook page). Get to the game EARLY to ensure your spot in the Chophouse!
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of the club is to encourage students to come out and enjoy some fun afternoon games and sometimes participate in tournaments.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of the group is to talk about fun theories which will be fulfilled through discussions during meetings.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The Creative Writing Club will give students a safe place to create, share, and receive feedback on their writing without the pressure of a grade. The club will be a fun way for aspiring writers to learn to consistently dedicate time to writing outside of class.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: If you are interested in Crafts, come join this club. It is a great stress reliever and an opportunity to spread positivity to teachers and students throughout Wando.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of the club is to encourage students to believe in self, work hard, and be successful. DREAM stands for dedication, respect, exceptional, achievement, and matriculate.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose is to invite all students interested in learning and decreasing our environmental impact.
- Bridging the cup between the exceptional students and, the general education students.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of FCA is to impact the world for Christ through athletes and coaches. FCA holds regular huddle meetings to encourage Christian athletes to serve Christ both on the field/court and in their personal lives. We bring in guest speakers/musicians as well as utilizing Wando athletes to foster this end.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of this club is to show the students self motivation and discipline in creating a collection, drawing up inspiration boards and presentations, aiding the communities around us with their talents in the fashion industry.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of this club is to provide students the opportunity to try new restaurants around the Charleston Area
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of Interact is to provide opportunity for young people to work together in a world fellowship dedicated to service and world understanding.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose is to bring students who enjoy K-Pop together to learn about what it is and bring fellow fans together.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: Members of Key Club International are dedicated to volunteerism, community service, and leadership. It's not about KEYS! There is no GPA requirement to be a member.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: This club is a celebration of the classical world, with particular emphasis on Rome and Greece. We do activities throughout the year as well as go to regional, state, and national competitions where we compete in academics, athletics, chariot racing, catapult firing, stage performances, orations, etc!
- Purpose/Mission of Club: Our mission is to provide an outlet where Wando students share a passion for photography and can discuss and share ideas. Open to all students.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: To bring together students who enjoy playing the game of Ping Pong.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of this club is to create an outlet for students to trade their clothes for free and raise money for homeless shelters.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: The committee is compromised of Wando Juniors and is in charge of planning prom.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: Relay For Life is a community based fundraising event of the American Cancer Society. Each year, more than 5,000 Relay For Life events take place in over twenty countries
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: The purpose of this club is to experience and review the local food of Charleston. We will be writing our own YELP reviews on our website.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: The purpose of the club is to encourage students to go outside by learning a new fun outdoor activity. It is also to help students make new friends in different grades while participating in a fun activity.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: The purpose of this club is to learn and participate in the sport of Rugby and to compete against other schools.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: The purpose of this club is to raise awareness on dangers to schools in the United States.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: In this club we encourage Wando students to take action to help save our oceans! We hope to do beach sweeps, and monthly challenges such as no plastic straws, no plastic water bottles, etc.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: This club will play, analyze, and teach players the vast amount of complexities that come with Smash Bros.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The Gay-Straight Alliance's purpose is to provide information about issues relevant to the LGBTQ community and to encourage a healthy dialogue among all students.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of Spikeball club is to provide opportunities for students interested in playing and learning the roundnet sport of Spikeball. Our future goal is to compete in high level tournaments.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The Statistics Club is dedicated to allowing students with previous statistical knowledge to grow by analyzing real-time data. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing data for teachers, administration, and the school newspaper. The club also promotes learning content beyond what is taught in AP Statistics.
- Foster an active interest in the historical African-American art of stepping.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The Student Council oversees multiple school-wide events and activities and promotes responsible citizenship.
- Purpose/Mission of the Club: This club is a place where students have an opportunity to learn to play the ukulele.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The goal of this club is to analyze US elections and to discuss social and economic issues.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The mission of the UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund) Club is to educate students on things affecting people in other countries and to get students involved in helping others. We hope to be able to help children all over the world.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose/mission of Waffle Wednesday is to promote the art of waffle making at Wando and to allow students to be involved in a community that is not orientated around academics.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose/mission of the club is for students to come together to discuss and take part in conservation practices for our natural resources. The group will focus mainly on Atlantic Coastal Plain and habitats where the IBW would be found.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: This is a student run club that benefits the Charleston community by focusing on one organization in the Charleston area. Fundraisers and volunteer work will be done monthly to raise awareness for the organization.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: The purpose of this club is to discuss Harry Potter related topics and announcements.
- Purpose/Mission of Club: For all those who love Dr. Who, students come together to discuss Dr. Who
- Purpose/Mission of Club: Educate and organize students and young people and to play a helpful and principled role in the movement of social justice.